The PASC Conference series is an international and interdisciplinary platform for the exchange of knowledge in scientific computing and computational science with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
The conference was initiated in 2014 by the Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) structuring project, which positions Swiss computational sciences in the emerging exascale era. PASC aims at promoting a joint effort to address key scientific issues in various domain sciences through interdisciplinary collaborations between computational scientists, software developers, computing centres and hardware developers within Switzerland.
The Conference is co-sponsored by the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS - a unit of ETH Zurich) and the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). The conference is managed by CSCS.
PASC22 will be held from June 27 to 29, 2022 at the Congress Center Basel, located in Basel, Switzerland.
June 27 - 29
Congress Center Basel
Computing and Data … for all Humankind
The PASC Conference focuses on advances in methods, tools, algorithms, and applications to address challenges across all areas of computational science and engineering.
This year's conference is dedicated to advances in computing for tackling some of the biggest challenges facing humanity today: climate, pandemics and inequality. PASC22 wishes to showcase how computational and data science help in addressing these challenges. Hence the three complementary themes of emphasis for PASC22 are:
- Computing for Planet Earth
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Data Science and Inequality
PASC22, as an interdisciplinary conference, provides an ideal platform to discuss advances in these and other high-impact areas – thereby leveraging our collective expertise in computational and data science at the service of our global community.
The PASC Conference seeks to engage participants from academia, research labs and industry to address important issues in HPC and computational science. PASC22 is inviting researchers from diverse scientific backgrounds to promote interdisciplinary collaboration and exchange of expertise. The conference is an opportunity for researchers in branches of science that require computer modeling and high-performance simulations to discuss computational techniques and technologies.
The technical program of PASC22 is organized around the following scientific domains:
- Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences (incl. Solid Earth Dynamics)
- Chemistry and Materials
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Humanities and Social Sciences (incl. but not limited to behavioral, economic, legal, political and business sciences, as well as philosophy, languages and the arts)
- Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow)
- Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology)
- Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD)
The three-day program will include keynote presentations, minisymposia, peer-reviewed papers, panels and poster sessions. The conference is co-sponsored by ACM SIGHPC, and full papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library.