We would like to provide an update on the plans for the PASC22 Conference (June 27 to 29, 2022) in the current COVID-19 situation.
We very much hope that PASC22 will provide an opportunity to finally meet all participants in person at the Congress Center Basel, in Basel, Switzerland, and we are discussing the infrastructure to be put in place and measures that can be undertaken in order to mitigate the risks of a contamination. Participants will be required to comply with the safety measures that will be outlined in the health protection plan.
Information on the coronavirus situation in Switzerland, rules that are currently in place on a federal level, as well as the measures for entering the country can be found by clicking on the first link under the paragraph "useful links" below.
In-person participation at the conference is preferred and encouraged; however, we understand that travel restrictions and personal circumstances might limit the ability of some attendees to join us in Basel, and thus intend to offer also participation opportunities for digital attendees.
Presenters of a submitted contribution should however note the following:
- Ideally one organizer per minisymposia should plan to be present on-site (at the Congress Center Basel) and serve as moderator for the session, which will include in-person participants. Ideally, most presenters will be present in-person.
- We will host a poster session on-site at the Congress Center Basel. This session will be exclusively addressed to in-person participants. All authors selected for participation at the conference will be requested to submit a PDF of the poster, a 30 seconds (max!) video and a longer presentation of max. 5 minutes, a profile picture and a brief biography – the poster, the description of the work, and the video will be displayed in the digital exhibition space, where there will also be a “contact me” button that will allow the audience to get in contact via email with the poster authors.
- Paper presenters who cannot attend the event in person will be able to do so digitally. The session chair will be present on-site and serve as moderator.
All presenters – whether attending in person or digitally – should be prepared to present their work between 9:00 and 18:00 in the Central European Time Zone depending on the timeslot that will be assigned to them. The organizing committee will make an effort to accommodate requests but cannot guarantee to be able to assign the ideal timeslot to each contribution on the program.
If the situation should suddenly not allow for any in-person participation, we will be hosting the event in a fully digital format.
We appreciate your understanding, and look forward to welcoming you to PASC22!
- Swiss Federal Office of Public Health: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov.html
- World Health Organisation (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen
- When does registration open?
Registration opens at the end of April 2022.
- Is it possible that the conference is cancelled if the situation does not allow for in-person participation?
No, the conference will not be cancelled. In the event that in-person participation is not possible, the event will be held fully virtually.
- My submitted contribution has been accepted for presentation at PASC22. Should I be unable / feel uncomfortable to attend the conference in-person, will my contribution be cancelled from the program?
In-person participation is preferred and encouraged whenever possible. However, paper authors can present their work digitally, if they are unable/feel uncomfortable in attending in-person. We request that at least one organizer of a minisymposium be present in-person and serve as moderator for the session. Poster presenters who do not attend in-person will not be able to present their work during the poster session that is part of the three-day program. They can still submit their work, which will be displayed in a digital poster exhibition. For more details, please refer to the above section.
- Should I register for in-person attendance but then change my mind due to a fluctuation in the coronavirus situation, will I lose my registration?
In such case, it will be possible to adapt your registration to a virtual attendance fee. However, please note that we do not plan refunds for registration fees related to the virtual format of the event.
- Will remote participation be free of charge?
No, participation in the event will be subject to payment. Rates for remote participation will be published on the website in the following weeks.
- If the organizing committee is forced to move the conference to a fully virtual channel at the last minute due to the emerging of a situation that threatens the safety of the in-person participants, will my travel costs and hotel be refunded by PASC22?
Unfortunately, the conference cannot support participants with travel or hotel refunds. The organizing committee recommends making refundable hotel arrangements and purchasing flexible airplane tickets or purchasing tickets close to the event dates.