Guidelines for Posters
The PASC Conference series is an international and interdisciplinary platform for the exchange of knowledge in scientific computing and computational science with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
The Conference is co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the PASC structuring project and it is managed by the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS). The local host of PASC22 is the University of Basel.
The technical program of PASC22 is organized around the following scientific domains:
- Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences (incl. Solid Earth Dynamics)
- Chemistry and Materials
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Humanities and Social Sciences (incl. but not limited to behavioral, economic, legal, political and business sciences, as well as philosophy, languages and the arts)
- Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow)
- Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology)
- Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD)
Poster presentations provide an ideal opportunity for the exchange of ideas and expertise within and between the various computational science domains represented at the conference. Poster submissions should describe topical research related to domain science, applied mathematics, computer science or software engineering. Posters that address aspects emphasizing the Challenge of PASC22 – "Computing and Data… for all Humankind" – and the affiliated topics "Computing for Planet Earth", "Data Science and Inequality" and "Epidemiology and Public Health," are particularly welcome.
Poster presenters will be given the possibility to "pitch" their posters to the conference audience in a rapid-fire flash session before the scheduled poster session. Posters with the most stimulating content will be recognized in an award ceremony on the final day of the conference.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
The poster submission should include the following information:
- Topic: A title for the poster of no more than 20 words
- Domain: Select a primary domain and optionally additional domains
- Author details: Full names and contact details of author(s)
- Abstract for review: A description of the work for publication in the online program (no more than 200 words)
In-person participation is preferred and encouraged whenever possible. Poster presenters who do not attend in-person will not be able to present their work during the poster session that is part of the three-day program. The work will instead be displayed in a digital poster exhibition. Further details on the conference format can be found at https://pasc22.pasc-conference.org/about/conference-format/
- 19 January 2022: Deadline for posters abstracts
- 08 March 2022: Decision notifications
- 01 May 2022: Deadline for submission of poster image (PDF)
Deadlines correspond to anywhere on earth ('AoE' or 'UTC-12').
We look forward to receiving your submissions.
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION TERMS
Please note that PASC22 is unable to reimburse the expenses or waive the registration fees for poster presenters. One author must be designated as the poster presenter in the submission. The designated presenter may be changed closer to the event according to circumstances. The PASC Conference reserves the right to remove contributions that are considered outside the scope of the conference at any time.